Saturday, April 12, 2014

Chugiak

I flew to Anchorage to visit my aunt in Chugiak. I arrived about 5 PM and we headed home to make a delicious homemade flatbread pizza - holy goodness! Pesto and marinated chicken definitely belong together.

The next morning, I went to the Sheraton Hotel in downtown Anchorage to check out the Alaska Teacher Placement job fair. I didn't spend much time there, but it was nice to see the representatives of different communities come out to hunt for prospective candidates. I didn't interview for any of the available positions (and man, there were a bunch) because I didn't want to waste anyone's time, but I did have fun people-watching.

Afterward, I went shopping for a bit in the big mall, but found myself far too poor to buy anything worthwhile. The highlight of my shopping expedition was going to the brand spankin' new Cabela's store that opened on the 10th - what a huge place!

I went to visit my cousin and his wife in Anchorage because they had a new baby girl born last week. Her name is Serena Irene and is just as the etymology of her name indicates.

Charlotte is excited to be a big sister!


No comments:

Post a Comment